Hiring a bed bug exterminator may seem expensive. But sometimes, home remedies can be much more costly as was this case reported by the Detroit Free Press:
DETROIT, MI — Detroit Free Press reporter Daniel Bethencourt this week spoke with Sherry Young who accidentally burned down her 48-unit Detroit apartment complex after trying to rid her apartment of a bed bug infestation.
Young told the Free Press she’s been unable to rid her apartment of the pests. She turned on her stove and oven, hoping it might deter the bugs, went to work, and when she returned home, sprayed her body and floor with rubbing alcohol causing the fire to erupt.